The 1938 Musicians Union Hall in Tucson
This 5000 square foot commercial building was originally built in 1938 as a performance hall for local and traveling musicians. An addition was built in 1953 that added a Business Office , Lounge & Bar, Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Recording studios.
Abandoned for several years the building condition had significantly declined.The structure was compromised along with the Water, Sewer, Electrical Heating and Cooling that all needed to be redesigned and replaced. The Zoning and Parking compliance was extremely challenging. The two adjacent properties were purchased to provide the necessary Parking, Housing and, Landscaping to resolve the issues.
The renovation was completed in two years and now houses a Non Profit that deals with important social issues.